Thursday, March 15, 2007

Busy week...

Realised that i havent blog for a couple of days alredi... I am just so busy with school work and training that i dont even bother to check my own blog. Now that i hav like 10 minutes before i sleep, i should jus write something..

ok..last week i saw this Tyra Banks talkshow on tv. It was talking about anorexia and how super duple skinny models r affecting women nowadays. Then they invited a plus size model and a super skinny model to the show. So they discussed bout whether skinny models nowadays r really influencing women to be impossibly skinny.. It seems like the modelling industry r actually looking for healthier looking models.. But hello!! it is up to u to define what is healthy looking.. Some people can look fat or skinny eventhough their BMI seem to be fine.. some people may look fine but they r not healthy.. And wateva u think it's healthy looking may seem skinny to some people or it may seem fat to some people.. So wat r u trying to say man.. This is basically that one point i disagree with.




Well yea.. anorexia is affecting more people nowadays. And i do agree that skinny models may play a part in this. But wat annoys me is that.. if someone is skinny, it doesnt mean that she is anorexic or abnormal or that she doesnt eat.

I m used to my relatives saying..."aiya, chia wen arh... u never eat is it.. ur dad never give u food is it...ur sis eats ur share isit.." Well the fact is.. i do eat normally and sometimes i eat a lot.. I remember vividly that during my college, my english teacher was talking about anorexia and bulimia. Then she kept looking at me, trying to emphasize her point to me.. I knew what she was thinking... She was just trying to tell me that .."u shouldnt go on diet to look skinny.." Arh.. i was like.." oh puhleaseeeeeee.... i eat hell of a lot man.." I so wanted to prove her wrong.. but luckily my good pal next to me jus yelled.."oh teacher.. dont worry... she eats a lot.. she eats so much more than me.." Then the whole class just burst into laughter..

Besides being misunderstood as someone who goes on a diet just to be skinny, i m also seen as someone who shouldnt donate blood at all.. Haha.. I went for blood donation once. And after donating, i told my frens bout it. I thought they would be like.." oh really? how did it go?? where n when..bla bla bla.." Instead all i got was.." HUH??? u?? donate blood??? r u sure?? r u ok? r u gonna faint soon??..." That was really funny. I din know that i was that "weak" to them. Anyways, i din donate a lot of my blood either... they only took about 2/3 or even half of the amount of what other people normally donate.

Well all i wanna say is that.. i din choose to be skinny or i did not "purposely" make myself skinny.. and i do wanna gain weight and have been wanting to gain weight.. but it;s not easy.. So we should not assume all skinny looking girls to be unhealthy, anorexic, bulimic or on diet.

No comments: