Saturday, September 08, 2007

Lousy Bank!

Went to open a new account at *A*Bank.( i shouldnt mention the name directly here). Anyways, went to open a new account bcos the Majlis Sukan Negeri only allow fund transfer with THAT bank. So fine, just open an account right? Whats the big deal. So i went alone. When i got there, as usual i took a number and was directed to one of the counters. Got a form from the lady there and filled it up. There was this section on the form in which u r suppose to provide details of your employer and there was another section under the group banking or something like that. So as these din apply to me at all, i just left them out. Then while waiting for my turn after filling up my form, i was starting to get impatient as the malay lady was working so slowly and plus more and more people were coming. I was so annoyed by the way she worked, so slow man, seriously! i couldnt even bear to watch her work.

Anyways, then it was my turn to hand in the form. So i handed in and crap she asked me to fill up those sections that i thought were not relevant to me. As i am not working, so i asked her what i should write for that section. Then according to her, i need to give details of my uni. So fine, i gave her my matric card as told. That was not enough and she wanted the uni address which i din hav. I mean who would hav their uni address with them whenever they go? So i said i dont hav. Then she asked me to call me frens to check. Hello! u think my friends are street directory ah. So the next simplest thing to do would be to ask her to check online. And guess what.. the big *a*bank office has no internet in the office??? Which is so crappy la. She was obviously hoping to send me off so that she din need to process my application and then she can go for break early. Fine, i just left angrily and went to the main counter and asked for a customer service form. And WTH! the guy at the counter told me:" apa? tak faham?" It;s not like i was saying anything cheem la. OMG! I was so fuming by then ok.

So fine, i gave up. I was sick of the slacker staff that let some customer of the same race as hers to cut queue and how incompetent the staffs are. So with boiling blood, i went to look for Pat and told him about it. Then as i was dying from the travelling from spore to jb and all the trouble of opening account etc etc, i broke down in front of Pat. He was also angry with the staff and the form thing, so he decided to go with me again. Then as i was wearing wateva that i was gonna wear for training after that, Pat jokingly said:" haiyo, no wonder people dont layan u la.." haha.. But it may be partially true. They may think i was just some insignificant kid whom they could easily bully. Before i went for the second time, i even wanted to check the nus address online so that i could fill that up in the form as requested. But Pat refused to let me do so cos he said that was just ridiculous of them to ask for my school details. So fine, we just went without having the address.

The pathetic me with the stupid form,... so do u think the bank staff really judged me by how i dress?

And Pat jokingly said he should act like some "Dai Gor" to scare them...lol
Then guess what, they could open the account for me this time. But of cos it wasnt that smooth. At first, when we told them that we din have the address, the staff brought us to another staff, maybe some bigger shot. Then this staff din even ask me anything about the address cos i think obviously the address wasnt that crucial But before they processed my application, guess what this staff asked me? She said:" eh u stay in Tmn ***** right? then y dont u apply there? do u wanna apply there?" WHAT THE HELL! i was alredi there and it was more convenient for me to apply there on that day, then what's ur problem??? Then after rejecting her "kind" offer, she "pushed" my application to the other staff and continued her "job" by chatting with her colleague. OMG OMG OMG... how to tahan man!... crap crap crap la. Can they pls do something about it? So ultimately disappointing man!

Ok i thought my experience with that bank was just plain shitty and then Pat told me another experience of his with another bank. He went to the bank to increase his withdrawal limit. He waited for very long for the staff to attend to him when no other customers were around and when the available staffs were stoning. Then nvm, when he was finally got attended to, he just told the staff that he wanna increase the withdrawal limit and passed him the atm card. Then after a while, the staff gave him back the card and told him that everything was done. Here's roughly how the conversation was:

Pat:" I wanna increase my withdrawal limit."
Staff:" ok"
(after a while)
Staff:" Ok done."
Pat:" how much did u increase to?"
Staff:" How much u want?"
Pat:" u said done, so how much u set?"
Staff:" how much u want?"
Pat:" I want rm***"
Staff:" ok done alredi."

Wat a irresponsible slacker.. hahah... I seriously think banks should do something about their services. PUHLESS!!!!!! it;s really very very disappointing.

But luckily Pat was around. He made my horrible day sucked a little less. Thanks dear. How am I gonna survive when u leave?? Ahhhh!....

Before I end this post, here’s some pics I wanna share. :P

Nice charcoal bread...How can anyone not love these???(some baby next to our table).....How CUTE!!!

Us... Thanks dear for being there for me...

No comments: