Wednesday, June 13, 2007

gross!.

yesterday at work, one of my colleagues asked me if i kena any rashes since i started working in the lab. I thought it was a weird question and so i answered no n asked more. So according to her, sometimes the people from the production site would "spread" the kutu to the lab and cause some of the lab people to get rashes. Hmm... that was a little scary to me. Especially when my colleagues desribed the itch caused by the rashes.

Ok fine... so i thought i should wash my lab coat EVERYDAY! n i should always use anti-bacterial shower foam. Then i just try to wash my hands more often and be careful when handling the samples from the production site.

But to my worst horror.... something happened today. The first thing my colleagues asked me today was:" hey did u see a rat?" Er...crap. I was like.."huh? a rat?" And they explained that yesterday after i left they found a rat on the table n they gave it some water as they thought the rat had consumed some chemical from the lab. [i was like..wah..u guys r really kind huh] But they still expected the rat to not survive and just die at that spot. But hell!. the rat wasnt there this morning..n everyone was wondering if it had escaped or it was hiding somewhere. OMG!.. deep down in my heart i was like.. it better be gone man.. i dont think i can handle it.

Then for the next half an hour it was peaceful and everyone just worked as normal... until.... i walked to my desk, wanting to get a pen from my bag. Then i saw the rat lying next to my desk. ARH!!!!!.. of all places... y must it be there??????? It was super gross la.. i felt super duple "sueh" really... Plus it wasnt just the rat's dead body, some kind of liquid that looked a lil bloody was surrounding the rat. It din look like blood. Then someone said maybe the rat puked. That was even more gross.. I really couldnt stand it. After my colleague cleared the rat, i mopped the floor around my area with dettol and also "sterilise" my desk just in case the rat was by any chance on my desk. arh... i hav to stop here.. i dont want to think about it anymore.

See the rat?
Well luckily my day wasnt that bad afterall... i had lunch with Chia, Yen and Tong. Although it was quite a rush, it was still worth it. Had a chance to catch up with yen and tong at night too.. happie happie happie... It has been so long since we hang out 2gether. :P.. So glad to hav them back and i absolutely love the "siao-ness" we share whenever we get together....

Yen, Chia, Tong, ME

Wen Bev Yen

Siao..

Pat.. Pat n i..with some bamboo looking thingy

That stupid fountain behind us got shut off right before our shot

yea..fun fun fun...hope to meet more people n hav more fun!!.. happy holidays!

No comments: