Monday, March 23, 2009

Knowing Yourself

Everyone goes through a phase of finding self-identity, knowing themselves, getting to know who they really are, and be proud of themselves. I can't exactly remember how young i was when i actually started to explore who I really am. Do u remember? Was it when you were 13? or younger? I don't know. But ironically, I think not everyone knows exactly who they are. Till now, I may still wonder for the exact words i would use to desribe myself.

Well, but undoubtedly, I think i know to a certain extent, who i am, what i want and what i do not want. I think this is a growing up process in which you compare yourself with the rest, ponder about things and come to your own conclusion. I m not saying that i only realise who i am now. But the notion i always had about myself just reinforces itself as time goes by. Sometimes bit and pieces of the picture do change but some of them just get emphazied again and again. And interestingly, u get to know more about urself that u din know in the past. At least that's what i realise.

By realising who i am, what i am..sometimes i do find myself asking questions like why cant i just be like somebody else, y cant i do what they do or y dont i want what they want? But at the end of the day, i know i wont change myself bcos of those thoughts. I may pick up some points that i think it's worth pondering about or even learning from that. On contrary, i think i would certainly not be able to comprehend some of the things people do that are never part of my life or part of what i would ever imagined doing.


Recently i have also learnt that, one's personality is formed as early as when he is 7 year old. At the point of realising the fact, i did not believe it in total. But after observing and thinking about it for sometime, actually i think it may well be a very true fact. In tackling a certain situation, I would do certain action and never take the other option while others may react differently. There are some parts in me which i think i m not as good as compared to my frens. I did acknowledged those good points and tried to incorporate them into my life. But somehow, something in me, some part of me, some nature in me just wouldnt allow me to change most essence of my personality. And to that extent, i agree that my personality was formed as early as i was 7 year old.

And for who u really r? if someone asks u that question, can u answer it in a very definite answer? I dont mean who u r as in what job u r doing, wat ur career prospect is etc, but who u r personally. I know who i am at this point in time, i know who i was in the past, i may not know who exactly i would be or rather wat part of me would change as i walk down the way. But i think i m quite sure of some or rather most part of myself.

I have no idea why all this occur to me. But i really think that i m glad to realise the importance of knowing who i am. I am Me. and i do not need to be someone else. I will learn from others but i would not want to transform into them. I want to be proud of myself and i do not need anyone else to doubt me for who i am.

GO! cw!... be CW!.. love CW!!.. live ur life to the fullest as the one and only KCW!...

ya.. guys.. good luck in finding urself as well. i m sure most of u did and r doing still. Be proud of urself! i love u for who u r!..


************************************************************************************
My Results of of test on "knowing yourself" test

you are highly knowledgeable about your own self.

During this test you answered questions which measured how well you know your own self. Based on your scores, we could conclude that you have more than a fair share of knowledge about your own self.

You know yourself pretty well and are usually honest with yourself. You are well aware of your strengths and weaknesses and feel no shame in admitting (to yourself only, maybe) if you are wrong or have made a mistake. Introspection and self-discovery probably interest you a lot.

************************************************************************************

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! this is such a good post! i always have the same questions too, you know.

so far i realized, life's a quest of finding out who we really are and what we are capable of doing in itself. or like chandra said, "searching and fulfilling human potential"

we should chat about these next time we meet! LoL! <3

ckcw5 said...

hey kitky!.. ya.. we should sit down, yumcha and chat about all these. I cant wait to see u guys again! i miss all of u... miss having places to go after 5!..lol.. i cant wait to go back!...lets go travel when i get back ya.

hows work so far? life good?